Monday, January 17, 2011

Bury me now, and I will excavate later.

So its time for me to get buried. I've died of some horrible affliction and everyone I know is really quite saddened by it. I usually would not be terribly interested in being entombed for eternity with a whole slew of items, but on the very day I died I have decided to be extremely materialistic and i just NEED all of my favorite things to accompany me.

Hanging on to the last remnants of life I have only moments to try and outline to my family, specifically my sister and mother, what kind of items I will need to keep me occupied for all of time. I am able to utter 3 words as I drift off, and I have to hope they are interpreted correctly.

Music
Book
Wheels.

Alright, so these are not THAT difficult to interpret correctly, considering how well they know me.

1. It would be completely logical if a couple albums were simply thrown in, but I want a big tomb and a lot of open space, so why not simply bury me with my drums? I have the most fun when banging on them so they should probably stay with me.

2. Considering I worked at a bookstore while I was alive it is little surprise that books are pretty important to me. I am definitely going to need some in the afterlife to keep me occupied. I have quite a few books already, but I might as well just get a whole library, Right?

3. I like to go fast, and I like to go fast while rolling on my skateboard. Obviously I am not going to be going very far while in my tomb, but my skateboard is too precious to me to be left behind. 


That seems like a pretty good assemblage of items to me. Now i just need to find a tomb. A grave isn't nearly fancy enough for me.
How about something like this? Excessive? Most certainly, but while I'm dreaming I might as well hope for something as beautiful as this. 

I will just have find somewhere here on Vancouver island to sneak in something like this.

Next I will jump ahead a couple hundred (or thousand) years in the future and become an Archaeologist excavating the mysterious tomb of Polkey. 

-SDP

2 comments:

  1. And then, what do you think will be your interpretation of a young adult male skeleton buried with drums, books and a skateboard?

    I have to admit I like your pick of tombs, and with the amount of mountains 'available' on this end of the country, you might actually be able to find a place as beautiful as the one on the picture... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! The picture is just phenomenal. If you ever find a place like this in Canada I'm joining you there when I die for sure.

    ReplyDelete